[squid-users] Squid mikrotik public IP

san2roy san2roy at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 14:47:08 UTC 2015

Hello Sir,

"since your WAN is /30 I guess 125.20.xx.31/30 is you ISP GW while
125.20.xx.32/30 is your WAN

right?" yes you are right

"can your ISP change your /30 to let say /29
to allow your Squid Box Wan be on the same subnet with your Mikrotik WAN?"

Yes we can arrange /29 WAN IP from ISP

[root at cache ~]# uname -r
2.6.32-504.23.4.el6.x86_64
[root at cache ~]#  rpm -q iptables
iptables-1.4.7-14.el6.x86_64

Should I upgrade the version?

but question to configure the routing and what will be the network topology

are you saying to connect squid box from wan IP range?

like this

        Internet
         |    |
         |    |
 Mikrotik  Squid
         |    |
         |    |
        Switch

        Clients

Please note we have /24 IPs in our LAN in Mikrotik router. and /30 wan ip
which is static route.