[squid-users] TProxy and client_dst_passthru

Stakres vdoctor at neuf.fr
Fri Jul 3 15:21:48 UTC 2015

Amos,
OK, got your points.

What I don't understand is:
- The dns records do not match. Squid does the dns request by itself,
downloads the object, delivers it to the client and flags with an
ORIGINAL_DST, right ?
- Same request from another client, same way, it'll be the same object and
flagged ORIGINAL_DST too.
- Again and again... each time the same fresh object...
- Why do we repeat the same action if we deliver the same object each time ?
it makes me crazy...

Here, I mean by using "*client_dst_passthru off*" and "*host_verify_strict
off*".
I understand the "host_verify_strict on" must act as you explain, no
problem.

Squid re-checks the DNS as there is an issue, downloads and delivers the
object. If Squid delivers the object it should be able to cache it with the
"*client_dst_passthru off*" and "*host_verify_strict off*".

I agree Squid must respect the CVE-2009-0801 but you/we should deal nicely
with and not just applying it...

The right way should be:
Squid think the object is OK to be delivered ?
Yes: deliver it and cache it.
No: block it and don't cache it.

See what I mean ?
(Sorry to be boring with this topic but it's highly important...).

Fred.