[squid-users] reply_body_max_size question

Danny mynixmail at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 17:46:15 UTC 2015

> It works as documented at
> <http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/reply_body_max_size/>.  If that
> does not fit your criteria then its not what you need.

I am aware of that, I was just a little unsure how to split the different dowload
sizes amongst all the different users.

> > http_access allow localnet
>
> NOTE: No http_access ACLs controlling 10.0.0.0/24 have any effect below
> this one that allows them all access to use the proxy.
>
> > http_access allow localnet_dad_laptop
> > http_access allow localnet_dad_smartphone
> > http_access allow localnet_mom_laptop
> > http_access allow localnet_mom_smartphone
> > http_access allow localnet_son_laptop
> > http_access allow localnet_son_smartphone
> > http_access allow localnet_son_tablet

Thank you ... did not know that ... I was under the impression every user i.e
device needed to be granted http_access ...

> By applying ACLs for the kids on the reply_body_max_size directive lines
> setting the sizes to use for them. Like so:
>   reply_body_max_size 50 KB localnet_son_smartphone

O.k ... so currently I have:
reply_body_max_size 20 MB

If I combine your suggestion and Augusto Gabanzo's (who suggested something a little different) can I then do something like this: