[squid-users] Webpages won't load or load slowly

Rich549 Richard.Aspley at hammonds-uk.com
Thu Jan 29 13:43:34 UTC 2015

Yuri Voinov wrote

> This one:
>
> hierarchy_stoplist cgi-bin ?
> acl QUERY urlpath_regex cgi-bin \?
> cache deny QUERY
>
> is deprecated.
>
> And your Squid is ancient. :)
>
> Why don't build from sources latest version?

I'll have a look at removing those from the config then, I'm surprised it
doesn't moan when I run 'squid3 -k reconfigure'.

The reason I have an older version is because this was the latest one
available in Aptitude and I don't like to stray outside of that normally as
it makes updating a (more or less) simple process. Plus I don't know how to
compile Squid from source for Ubuntu.

- Rich