[squid-users] Squid problem, one client for one user

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Jan 29 09:06:56 UTC 2015

On 29/01/2015 8:53 p.m., 456mb wrote:
> Hi i try disable multilogin of the same user (avoid share accounts), but not
> luck, i used that config
>
> *auth_param basic program /usr/lib64/squid/ncsa_auth /etc/squid/squid_passwd
> acl ncsa_users proxy_auth REQUIRED
> http_access allow ncsa_users
> auth_param basic casesensitive off
>
> authenticate_ip_ttl 0 seconds
> acl max_user max_user_ip -s 1
> http_access deny max_user*
>
> thanks for you time, all response is important  for me ;)

The idea of limiting "users" based on IP in the modern Internet does not
work in most networks.
* NAT can (and is) used to also share IP addresses as well as accounts -
this is in fact the default of Windows machines sharing network access.
* The existence of IPv6 also means that any given machine has a minimum
of 4 IP addresses it can use for any connection. Some of which change
unpredictably.

Your config is correct. So we will need more details about why its not
working to provide any more help than this.