[squid-users] squid3

Bobby bmatznick at pbandt.com
Tue Jan 27 21:48:00 UTC 2015

Sorry if you’re seeing this twice… I think I sent it to the wrong address the first time.

Hello,
Ive been using squid + dansguardian (NTLM) for a few years now
and have begun setting up a new proxy with squid 3.1.20. Everything
seems to be working fine except I don’t seem to be sending the
usernames to dansguardian? Im just using the ntlm auth which is
working fine for me with squid 2.7*, any ideas why this might be
happening?
I do see the traffic hitting dansguardian and it is
filtering everything through "list" (basic non user filter) I just
cant seem to get the usernames passed from squid to dansguardian for
some reason. By the way the usernames do show up in squid3 log with
one minor difference from the way they show up in my squid 2.7 log.
In squid 2.7 the show up like this:
Username
In squid3 the show up like
 this: Domain\username
Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong are greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Bobby