[squid-users] squid cache peer with many sessions round robin to the same destination , is that possible ?

Ahmad ahmed.zaeem at netstream.ps
Wed Jan 28 06:04:52 UTC 2015

Hi mates ,

I have a proxy provider that give me may sessions , and each session is per
username and pwd.

As an example , I have the provider 1.1.1.1 with 5 usernames

Each username will give me different ip.

I need to do on my proxy something like cache peer to the ip 1.1.1.1 and
need to set 5 lines config each line with user/pwd .

But squid provent me and told me it's the same destination .

As wt I need will looks like :

cache_peer  1111  parent  0 no-query round-robin no-digest no-tproxy
proxy-only login=lum-customer-datahen-zone-gen-session-1:374feafff
cache_peer  1111  parent  0 no-query round-robin no-digest no-tproxy
proxy-only login=lum-customer-datahen-zone-gen-session-2:dsfdsf

cache_peer  1111  parent  0 no-query round-robin no-digest no-tproxy
proxy-only login=lum-customer-datahen-zone-gen-session-3:dds

cache_peer  1111  parent  0 no-query round-robin no-digest no-tproxy
proxy-only login=lum-customer-datahen-zone-gen-session-4:dfds

cache_peer  1111  parent  0 no-query round-robin no-digest no-tproxy
proxy-only login=lum-customer-datahen-zone-gen-session-5:dfds

but squid don't allow me and let me only set 1 line  with 1 username  :

so wts the solution to use 5 usernames with roundrobin from the same
provider ?

cheers