[squid-users] Problem with running squid 3.5 on windows 7

Eldar Akchurin al.akchurin at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 25 03:16:34 UTC 2015

Hi Amos,

Sorry to disturb you again, I have changed the ModSelectWin32 for now, it seems it kind of works.
I will collect all the patches and will send you after I have the first version running :)

The next issue is in the mswindows.h

inline ssize_t
recvfrom(int s, void * b, size_t l, int f, struct sockaddr * fr, socklen_t * fl)
{
    ssize_t result;
    int ifl=*fl;
    if ((result = ::recvfrom(_get_osfhandle(s), (char *)b, l, f, fr, &ifl)) == SOCKET_ERROR) {
        errno = WSAGetLastError();
        return -1;
    } else
        return result;
}

::recvfrom changes the size, but you kind of forgetting it inside ifl, not passing it out.Why not simply pass fl? why do you need ifl? socklen_t is declared as int. Or can this be changed in the future?
At least it is necessary to copy the value returned by ifl into the fl again after the call.

The next problem I'm having is that only squid -N works. As soon as I run it in the daemon mode (without -N) none of the workers is created. Could you please point me to the part of the code that is responsible for spawning workers?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,