[squid-users] FATAL: The ssl_crtd helpers are crashing too rapidly, need help!

Yuri Voinov yvoinov at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 20:10:38 UTC 2015

This issue not linux-specific, Mike.

As a minimum for me - I'm never use Linux. :)

24.01.2015 2:08, Mike пишет:
> For a Red Hat/CentOS based OS, selinux causes that.
>
> The fix I found in this case:
>
> Before the below “audit2allow” command will work, you will need to
install the needed tool for selinux:

> * yum -yinstall policycoreutils-python
> (which will also install a few other dependencies).
>
> To temporarily set selinux to permissive:
>
> * echo 0 >/selinux/enforce
>
> To re-enable after it is fixed:
> * echo 1 >/selinux/enforce
>
> Check the /var/log/audit/audit.log for the type=AVC relating to the
ssl_crtd entries (easy way is "grep AVC audit.log | less" ).

> To find out WHY it is happening in selinux, use this:
> grep ssl_crtd /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -w
>

> Start in /tmp/ folder since we will not need these files for long.
>
> * grep ssl_crtd /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -m
ssl_crtdlocal > ssl_crtdlocal.te
> - outputs the suggested settings into the file ssl_crtdlocal.te, which
we will review below in “cat”
> * cat ssl_crtdlocal.te
> - to review the created file and show what will be donein selinux
> * grep ssl_crtd /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -M ssl_crtdlocal
> - Note the capital M, this Makes the needed file, ready for selinux to
import, and then the next command below actually enables it.
> * semodule -i ssl_crtdlocal.pp
> - Used to enable the new policy in selinux
>
> As long as it is now working properly, can delete the *.te and *.pp
files created in the /tmp/ folder.

> Now all of this is mute if selinux is not used so there may likely be
other explanations, but this at least covers RedHat based OS's with
selinux. I documented all of this since our servers ran into the same
issue due to selinux, and this was how we resolved it.