[squid-users] Reverse proxy through a parent proxy

Micah Parrish micah.parrish at hp.com
Fri Jan 23 19:14:31 UTC 2015

Squid 3.1+RHEL6.5.

I'd like to reverse proxy a linux distro repository, but I am stuck
behind a corporate web proxy which I do not control.  This is how I
accelerate an internal mirror, and it works well:

http_port 80 accel defaultsite=myhostname.company.com
cache_peer internal.repo.comany.com    parent    80  0 no-query
originserver name=myAccel
acl our_sites dstdomain myhostname.company.com
http_access allow our_sites
cache_peer_access myAccel allow our_sites
cache_peer_access myAccel deny all

I've changed some lines to treat my corporate web proxy (bluecoat) as a
parent and accelerate a fedora repo:

http_port 80 accel defaultsite=myhostname.company.com
acl our_sites dstdomain myhostname.company.com
http_access allow our_sites
cache_peer fedoraproject.org    parent    80  0 no-query originserver
name=myAccel

cache_peer_access myAccel allow our_sites
cache_peer_access myAccel deny all

cache_peer web-proxy.company.com       parent    8080 0  no-query
name=myCorpProxy
cache_peer_access myCorpProxy allow our_sites
cache_peer_access myCorpProxy deny all

This results in a forwarding loop.  I've tried many variations.  I
always get permission denied if I don't have the ACLs right or a
forwarding loop.

So my question is, what is the proper way to accelerate a site which you
must go through a proxy to reach?

Regards,

Micah Parrish