[squid-users] Squid versions and FreeBSD-10.1 headache

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 13:13:24 UTC 2015

On 23 January 2015 at 15:47, Yuri Voinov <yvoinov at gmail.com> wrote:

> Once more. You CANNOT have neither web-server nor other service with
> listening port 80 on the same host as transparent Squid proxy. This is one
> and only reason you have looping.
>
> Look. On my transparent 3.4.11 (which was early 2.7) IPFilter redirects 80
> port to proxy. My web server on the same host listens only 8080, 8088 and
> 8888 ports. No one service except NAT is using 80 port.
>
> And finally I have no looping 4 years.
>
> Obvious, is it?

Not so obvious.

I have a several servers with Apache listening on 80,443 which don't have
this problem!
I can give you access to one of them to see for yourself if you need to
believe.

Anyway, this still doesn't help me. After changing my apache to port 8080
and firing up squid-3.5.1, I get access denied for all requests:
http://pastebin.com/1fMSE1U9

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,