[squid-users] Squid versions and FreeBSD-10.1 headache

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 12:10:37 UTC 2015

On 23 January 2015 at 14:57, Yuri Voinov <yvoinov at gmail.com> wrote:

> redirection loop can only occurs when reqwiter or NAT misconfigured.
>
> On early Squid versions to avoid loops was used:
>
> # Rewriter cycle workaround
> url_rewrite_access deny localhost
>
> rule.
>
> Somewhere in your configuration occurs redirector looping.
>
> But I can't see URL rewriter in your config. This is looped configuration?

Hi Yuri,

That is the squid.conf that is causing the looping with squid-3.5.1.
With squid-3.4.10 it is causing the errors I posted ..

My PF firewall rules are simple. Available at
http://41.190.203.157/~wash/pf.conf.txt. with the main rule for
interception being:

rdr on $int_if proto tcp from $int_network to any port 80 -> $int_addr
port 13128

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,