[squid-users] whitelists and active directory help

Samuel Anderson sam at idsdoc.com
Fri Jan 16 18:15:01 UTC 2015

Hello All,

I'm attempting to create way to grant users access to different categories
using active directory. Currently what I have works but if a website is not
listed in any of the whitelists it will allow traffic to that website. If I
add a (http_access deny all) at the end, then nothing works. What I would
like is for a user to only have access to whitlists that they are a member
of. I'll have around 50 categories in the end. This is just a small sample.

Thanks,

acl NEWS external ldap_group NEWS
acl SHOPPING external ldap_group SHOPPING
acl SOCIALNETWORKING external ldap_group SOCIALNETWORKING
acl RELIGION external ldap_group RELIGION
acl SPORTNEWS external ldap_group SPORTNEWS

acl rule1 url_regex -i "/etc/squid3/whitelists/news/domains"
acl rule2 url_regex -i "/etc/squid3/whitelists/shopping/domains"
acl rule3 url_regex -i "/etc/squid3/whitelists/socialnetworking/domains"
acl rule4 url_regex -i "/etc/squid3/whitelists/religion/domains"
acl rule5 url_regex -i "/etc/squid3/whitelists/sportnews/domains"

http_access deny rule1 !NEWS all
http_access deny rule2 !SHOPPING all
http_access deny rule3 !SOCIALNETWORKING all
http_access deny rule4 !RELIGION all
http_access deny rule5 !SPORTNEWS all
http_access allow all

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential. If you are not an