[squid-users] Squid 3.4.10 sometimes catch assertion without core

FredB fredbmail at free.fr
Thu Jan 15 16:07:14 UTC 2015

> This is not core file size issue, Fred.
>
> In SunOS core dumps produces by kernel, with uid=0.
>
> Root has unlimited limits set by default.
>
> On this server was running Squid 2 over three years and problems with
> dumps never occurred.
>
> So, the problem not in system settings.
>
> I'll try to catch problem tommorrow, using DTrace, diring peak hours.
>
> Let's see on this.

Ok no problem, this was just to say that there are some different ulimit parameters
and "unlimited limits" is not specific enough (as you can see with ulimit -a)
I'm thinking about that because in my bug report, half_closed_client on, I have a core and this core was only generated with this ulimit command in startup script.

After Dtrace return, maybe you should open a bug report.

Fred