[squid-users] tcp_miss_aborted only with some sites

César Sánchez Pascual informatica at riberadelduero.es
Wed Jan 14 07:36:33 UTC 2015

Thanks Amos for your immediate answer,

If the problem is about this ICMP traffic, the problem is in the proxy. the users can visit this sites normally if don't use the proxy. There is no VPNs and tunnels.

I'm going to analyze this version of Ubuntu server about this issue.

Thanks a lot, I was blocked.

On 13/01/2015 10:45 p.m., César wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed squid 3.3.8 o a Ubuntu 14 server edition.
>
> It runs ok except with some sites. In access.log appears an error:
>
> Example: TCP_MISS_ABORTED/000 GET http://www.magrama.gob.es/es -
> HIER_DIRECT/93.188.53.33

The client chose to disconnect from Squid before the server
93.188.53.33 sent anything back.

This is usually seen when the traffic travels over networks containing
hardware with broken ECN or TCP Window scaling functionality, or
networks where ICMP is blocked.

The ICMP blocking problem is particularly bad if the traffic is
delivered over a tunnel or VPN link somewhere. As those types of
network connection have non-1500 MTU values that need working ICMP for
path-MTU discovery.