[squid-users] ssl cert wiki

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Mon Jan 12 16:04:30 UTC 2015

Hey hack,

 From the comments in the past I am unsure what you are after...
If you are using ssl-bump you should first learn about how ssl works and
about the differences between encrypted traffic to verification of a
public key.
I must admit that these topic are not marked as an easy one.
Since these topics are a part of the LPIC-3 303 exam this means it one
of the most advanced topics there are in the linux world.

The link you mentioned is talking about a situation of a reverse proxy
which is very different from the ssl-bump way of action.
Notice that the only reason that https_port is being used for ssl-bump
is a technical one.

Regards,
Eliezer