[squid-users] Help getting Squid 3.4 Transparent Proxy to Work

mattatrmc mattatrmc at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 00:21:58 UTC 2015

Thanks for the quick reply Yuri,

I made a few changes to make sure that I was doing the right thing with
respect what port I'm using, and this is my current configuration.  Both my
certificate as well as my key are in the same file, which from my
understanding should work, however I'm sure I'm missing something

# Squid normally listens to port 3128
http_port 3127
http_port 3128 intercept
https_port 3129 intercept ssl-bump generate-host-certificates=on
dynamic_cert_mem_cache_size=4MB cert=/usr/local/squid/ssl_cert/myCA.pem

#enables SSL Bumping

always_direct allow all
ssl_bump client-first all
#the following options are dangerous and shouldn't always be used
sslproxy_cert_error allow all
sslproxy_flags DONT_VERIFY_PEER
sslcrtd_program /usr/local/squid/libexec/ssl_crtd -s
/usr/local/squid/var/lib/ssl_db -M 4MB
sslcrtd_children 5