[squid-users] Squid 2.7, 3.4 and 3.5 Videos/Music/Images/Libraris/CDNs Booster

Stakres vdoctor at neuf.fr
Mon Jan 5 13:47:22 UTC 2015

Hi Yuri,

Does the "we don't need" means "you don't need" or do you speak for all
users of Squid ?

We have done tons of tests with the "storeid_file_rewrite", sorry to tell
you it does not achieve 70% because:
- The prog you provide is nude, I mean there is 1 example only
- Admins have to check hundred of websites to correctly add them into the
process
- All do not know Perl langage
- Many websites are specific in their URLs like YouTube, Akamai, etc...

So, I perfectly understand the "/we don't need any hardcoded commercial
analogue./" but correct me if I'm wrong you're not alone on the planet,
correct ?
There are admins looking for a complete solution because they have no free
time to spend by doing the de-duplication by themselves. My message is to
inform them, if you're not interested no problem but some want to be
updated.

Thanks in advance to keep my post safe.
If this type of message is not accepted in this forum, ok just let me know.

Bye Fred