[squid-users] More extensible helper facility [was: Squid 3 SSL bump: Google drive application could not connect}

shawn wilson ag4ve.us at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 10:56:27 UTC 2015

Wouldn't it be better to have a pipe option (a helper with persistence -
I'm thinking of postfix options here) and a totally separate project to
handle encryption and mitm? If you had something independent to help, you
might be able to detect other protocols and handle them properly vs
different projects having different levels of bump-ability.

Not sure if we just need a better pipe facility and some script with
sslstrip and openssl could handle the rest (I think that's doable) or if
more would be required.