[squid-users] derive HTTP/HTTPS upload traffic to a secondary interface.

Josep Borrell jborrell at central.aplitec.com
Thu Feb 26 08:29:38 UTC 2015

Hi Amos,

We are a school. Our Internet connection are 4 ADSL (8/0.8Mb) and 1 SDSL (4/4Mb)
We are doing session balancing in the firewall appliance.
The problem is when the students save this work, they
are using Google Apps for Education, so is very easy to saturate the upload channel of the ADSL. The ones that are luckily in the SDSL can save fast their work. The rest must wait some minutes.
We thought that deriving the upload traffic to the SDSL must alleviate the situation.
Our ISP admits no aggregation protocol, like MLPPP, that would be a solution.

Maybe there are another solution that we missing.
Thoughts are welcome.

Thanks

Josep