[squid-users] TCP_DENIED and TCP_MISS_ABORTED

Mike mcsnv96 at afo.net
Wed Feb 25 19:44:22 UTC 2015

We have recently been seeing this error on squid where one site that our
users need access to is not loading at all.

1424889858.688      0 127.0.0.1 TCP_DENIED/407 3968 GET
http://www.afa.net/ - HIER_NONE/- text/html
1424889878.725  20014 127.0.0.1 TCP_MISS_ABORTED/000 0 GET
http://www.afa.net/ testuser1 HIER_DIRECT/66.210.221.116

[root at xeserver squid]# squid -v
Squid Cache: Version 3.4.7

Attempted to add an acl:
acl allowafa dstdomain .afa.net .afastore.net
http_access allow allowafa

but this did not fix it.

I understand the /407 as it related to http access means proxy
authentication required, which is what every customer does when the
browser is opened up, so authentication is already done and active in
the server, otherwise other websites would not be loading either.

All other sites we need access to work fine, it is just something about
this one... Any suggestions?

Mike