[squid-users] Compile errors Squid 3.5.2

Stanford Prescott stanford.prescott at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 22 17:46:05 UTC 2015

When trying to compile Squid 3.5.2 the compile fails. The only error messages I can find are these:
"tar: ./usr/share/errors/zh-cn: Cannot create symlink to `zh-hans': File exists"
"tar: ./usr/share/errors/zh-cn: Cannot create symlink to `zh-hant': File exists"

A squid binary is produced but won't start when I replace the working squid 3.4.10 binary in my distribution (Smoothwall Express 3.1) with the 3.5.2 binary. I get this error message in the cache.log when trying to start squid 3.5.2.
"FATAL: Ipc::Mem::Segment::create failed to shm_open(/squid-cf__metadata.shm): (13) Permission denied"

I was not surprised that the Squid 3.5.2 binary would not start due to the compile errors, but I thought I would try anyway.
Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong?
Thank you,
Stan