[squid-users] Should `squid -k check` complain about presence of `ignore-no-cache` in 3.4.11

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sun Feb 22 14:58:00 UTC 2015

On 23/02/2015 1:19 a.m., Karl-Philipp Richter wrote:
> Hi,
> According to
> http://lists.squid-cache.org/pipermail/squid-users/2015-February/002323.html
> the `ignore-no-cache` option is outdated. Shouldn't `squid -k check`
> warn about its presence (I verified that the check works by adding `bla`
> at the end of the config file with causes a warning `unrecognized:
> 'bla'`)? Currently the validation passes in 3.4.11 (on FreeBSD 9.3).

Squid is capable of running with it present in the config. It just has
no meaning any more. So there is no reason to halt an otherwise usable
proxy.

If you run "squid -k parse" to verify the config it displays an UPGRADE
notice about it.

squid -k parse is better to use for verifying configurations. It will
continue past some types of FATAL and give you a better list of the
errors that exist, rather than just the first detected.