[squid-users] squid 3.5.2 compile error on openbsd5.6

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sun Feb 22 01:02:28 UTC 2015

On 22/02/2015 1:31 p.m., Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
> Hey Alan,
>
> I am unsure but is this SSL library headers files are compatible with
> OpenSSL or it would require some existing OpenSSL APIs calls changes?
>
> Eliezer
>
> On 21/02/2015 17:00, Alan Palmer wrote:
>> [apalmer]:/data/src/squid-3.5.2# openssl version
>> LibreSSL 2.0

LibreSSL should be compatible, but they have been purging a lot of
unsafe or obsolete API. Give that SSL/TLS compression is a security
vulnerability I can imagine quiet easily that it walked into the firing
line and got dropped now.

This is probably a good sign that its time for a separate
--with-libressl option.

Alan, would you be interested in helping to test that?