[squid-users] assertion failed: client_side.cc:1515: "connIsUsable(http->getConn())

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Fri Feb 20 04:46:29 UTC 2015

Hey Dan,

The basic rule of thumb in programming lands is script vs compiled code.
Where compiled code can be considered very reliable and in most cases
tested much more then scripts.
I am fearing that there is some race between all sorts of things on
runtime which might lead to this failed test.

There are couple possibilities that can cause the issue you are writing
about.
 From the compiled side of the code the main suspect is that the
connection got into a "non usable" state before squid could do something
else.
I have not seen yet the source code for connIsUsable but if you wish I
can try and look at the function\method\call\code source and start a
basic lookup to understand the issue a bit more.
I do not remember if you have opened a bug report yet but I think this
issue needs a bug report.

Take your time to write a brief bug report at:
http://bugs.squid-cache.org/index.cgi

While referring to this thread.
If you are up for the task then maybe you would be able to provide some
more information based on the wiki:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/BugReporting

Thanks,
Eliezer