[squid-users] about negotiate_kerb_auth helper

Simon Stäheli sis at open.ch
Thu Feb 19 16:30:43 UTC 2015

On 19.02.2015, at 16:44, Mail_Agent <jaguarpk at yandex.ru> wrote:

> Hello, can you tell me where can i find detailed instruction about negotiate_kerb_auth_helper, please, I've configured squid.conf, checked kerberos, it's ok,but i get IE8 prompt to login and then access denied.
> Thank you

The man page of negotiate_kerberos_auth is quite good. Have you added following lines to squid.conf?

auth_param negotiate program /path/to/negotiate_kerberos_auth
auth_param negotiate children 10
auth_param negotiate keep_alive on

- have you configured kerberos as well on you proxy server?
- have you created a keytab file?
- does your windows client have a proper kerberos ticket for the proxy service principal?
- how does the HTTP header in the response of the proxy looks like? is negotiate listed as authentication method?

cheers
simon