[squid-users] How to cache everything with an Etag HTTP header?

Karl-Philipp Richter richter at richtercloud.de
Wed Feb 18 13:22:27 UTC 2015

Hi,
I'm quite new to advanced squid configuration and want to enhance my
HTTP cache expensive-bandwidth-cheap-storage setup where I'm mostly
interested in storing large downloads with a refresh_pattern, e.g.

    refresh_pattern -i
\.(deb|rpm|exe|zip|tar|tgz|tar\.gz|txz|tar\.xz|ram|rar|bin|ppt|doc|tiff)$ 100800
99% 432000 override-expire override-lastmod
ignore-no-cache ignore-no-store

and after some reading around `refresh_pattern` and some search engine
research I was wondering how to cache everything that provides an Etag
because I thinks that'd be very useful for my scenario (very low starge
cost and very high bandwidth costs).

Any help or pointers are appreciated.

Best regards,
Kalle