[squid-users] can squid handle indirect request from clients ?

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Wed Feb 18 11:29:19 UTC 2015

Hey,

No it doesn't differ.
You can maybe buy a certificate for this or other use but it's not in
any squid related lands.
It will be used for EAP encryption and other methods which you may use
for authentication.

If you wish to block https traffic in any way and allow them only by
authentication you will might not be able to notify about it to your
clients.

If you wish to hold an authentication portal which will use https
certificate then, yes you will be able to buy a single domain
certificate and by that allowing the user to authenticate him self
before surfing the https sites.

Is this related to ssl-bump? in any way?

Eliezer