[squid-users] Portal Splash Pages example on squid 3.3.13

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Feb 12 19:15:50 UTC 2015

On 13/02/2015 7:14 a.m., amitinfo2k wrote:
> Thanks I have rearranged the rules and now after the session is expired
> I am seeing the page with following content :
> Internal Error: Missing Template /etc/squid/splash.html
> It's like it is not able to locate the template splash even though it exists
> there.
> no error in the logs.

Doh! Sorry I keep forgetting the patch I use for allowing absolute
template paths is not merged.

You need to place the page in the default error page templates directory
(.../error/templates/), or create a symlink from there to your
/etc/squid/splash.html file.

The deny_info line gets just the name of the file/symlink within the
templates directory.
 deny_info 511:splash.html ...