[squid-users] Is Squid can shutdown unused idle redirector's children?

Yuri Voinov yvoinov at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 19:05:14 UTC 2015

I want to say:

A system with low consumpted memory will starts processes more quickly
against system with low free memory and overloaded cheduler and more
sleep processes in most cases.

So, IMHO better solution is possibility to shutdown idle children
after configured timeout and starts them up when required.

Also, OS cache also still exists..... and can hold rewriter ELF near
CPU.... did you remember? ;)