[squid-users] squid authentication , & ACL select from databse SQL , is that possible ?

squid-list squid at visolve.com
Wed Feb 11 18:12:36 UTC 2015

Hi,

You can authenticate user and password from sql database using the
helper "squid_db_auth".

But, allowing website for corresponding user by storing in db is not
possible. You can use various ACLs to control the site access for the
individual users.

Instead of storing website in particular column in db, you can store it
in separate txt file and can control the site access of the users.

Squid will support user defined helper. If it necessary to verify site
from db, you can create your own helper as per you requirement and you
can use it. If you need any customization assistance, you can contact
us(squid at visolve.com).

Regards,
Siva Prakash
ViSolve Squid Team