[squid-users] Squid Memory Leak with certain FTP requests?

Silamael Silamael at coronamundi.de
Wed Feb 11 15:14:11 UTC 2015

On 02/11/2015 02:11 PM, Yuri Voinov wrote:

> 11.02.15 19:07, Silamael пишет:

>>> Hello Yuri,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your quick reply.
>>> The ACL you suggested will probably solve the problem.
>> Just got the info that the customer already has disabled the caching.
>> Sounds no longer as "normal behaviour" to me.
> As Amos said, may be - may be not.

Amos said something? Got no mail from him.

> Some FTP files pointless to cache.

Sure, maybe some FTP files are not to be cached.

> If it need just once..... For what cache it?

I do not want to cache any. And I think a 'cache deny all' does that.
Nevertheless, even with no caching at all the Squid process constantly
needs more memory and squidclient reports that the memory is used for
the 2K buffers.

Just try it. Squid with default configuration and cache deny all and
then do some wget ftp://server/path/. Each requests will increase the 2K
buffers.

-- Matthias