[squid-users] Problems with squid 3.5.1

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Wed Feb 11 12:20:53 UTC 2015

On Wednesday 11 Feb 2015 at 11:43, Yuri Voinov wrote:

> Thanks, Captain :)))))))))))
>
> Eliezer, we not so stupid. :)))))))))
>
> This is obvious for System Administrator, isn't it?

You never know who may come across this "recommendation" in the mailing list
archives in months or years to come, and apply it without realising its
dangers.

This is not just a reply to the original poster, this will stay on the
Internet for ever (or at least until the Internet disappears and is replaced
by something even more bizarre and inexplicable).

> 11.02.15 17:38, Eliezer Croitoru пишет:
> > On 11/02/2015 12:17, Yuri Voinov wrote:
> >> Fred, this is no matter. Millions of files can remove with one piped
> >> command:
> >>
> >> *find . |xargs rm
> >>
> >> :)
> >>
> >> *
> >
> > And it should be used wisely!!!!!
> > Any recommendation to run rm should take in account that the rm can in
> > a way wipe out files which you might not understand their meaning.
> > Run the rm only inside the cache_dir after verifying that you are in
> > the right place and it is the right time to run the command.

Regards,

Antony.

--
"Black holes are where God divided by zero."

 - Steven Wright

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.