[squid-users] Squid Memory Leak with certain FTP requests?

Silamael Silamael at coronamundi.de
Wed Feb 11 10:02:47 UTC 2015

Hi,

One of our customers does constantly mirroring of some FTP directories
and noticed a huge memory consumption of Squid. As far as I can see with
squidclient mgr:mem, the 2K buffers are constantly increasing if Squid
is processing FTP requests like wget ftp://some.server/pub/ or wget -m
ftp://...
In my tests the first variant resulted in an increase of 29 kb per request.
If I directly request a certain file, the increase of the 2K buffers
seems not to happen.
I have reproduced this behaviour with both squid 3.2.13 and also 3.4.6
and 3.4.11.

Greeting,
Matthias