[squid-users] Calculate time spent on website (per ip address)

Luis Miguel Silva luismiguelferreirasilva at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 21:50:34 UTC 2015

Dear all,

I was wondering if there is a built in feature in Squid to calculate the
time spent on a website, per ip address (e.g. 32 minutes between 12pm and
1pm, 5 minutes between 1pm and 2pm)? And, if not, how would you do it?

I immediately thought about using the log files for this BUT, because we
only log individual connections, how would you guys conclude the amount of
time spent per website? Would you, for instance, for each 5 minutes, add 5
minute chunks IF there was data flowing between the 5 minutes?

That would work but...Isn't there a more elegant way of doing this?

Thanks,
Luis