[squid-users] squid authentication to remote sql server

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Feb 10 21:28:55 UTC 2015

On 11/02/2015 8:17 p.m., Ahmad wrote:
> Thank you amos , I fixed the table thing , but I have new error now :
>
> /lib/squid/basic_db_auth --dsn "DBI:mysql:host=x.xx..189.177;port=3306;database=squid" --user "squid" --password "squid" --table "passwd" --usercol "user" --passwdcol "password" --cond "" --plaintext
>
> ERR unknown login
> ERR unknown login
> ERR unknown login
> ERR unknown login
> ERR unknown login
>

> Wt do u think ??
> Mysql issue ?

Input issue. Thats a user:password combination being presented that does
not exist in the table.

Though it might be mysql interpreting the "password" in queries as the
built-in password() function. I renamed that column to "token" in my
auth DB.

And like Yuri pointed out a DB of passwords in clear-text is not the
greatest of security. At minimum use salted MD5 for the final setup.