[squid-users] squid authentication to remote sql server

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Feb 10 20:42:16 UTC 2015

Replying again because I missed the --table parameter value earlier.

On 11/02/2015 7:24 p.m., Ahmad wrote:
> Thank you amos , but I have an issue with connection :

> mysql> select * from  passwd;

===> notice the TABLE NAME.

> +--------+----------+---------+-----------+---------------------+
> | user   | password | enabled | fullname  | comment             |
> +--------+----------+---------+-----------+---------------------+
> | Nikesh | test     |       1 | Test User | for testing purpose |
> +--------+----------+---------+-----------+---------------------+
> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
>

> now on the squid box , I do the conection below :
>
> here is the connection from remote squid:
> /lib/squid/basic_db_auth --dsn "DBI:mysql:database=squid:host=x.x189.177" \

blah. blah about semi-colons from both of my earlier posts..

> --user "squid" --password "squid" --table "user"

==>  notice the TABLE NAME

> --usercol "user" --passwdcol "password"

> --cond "" --plaintext

You have an "enabled" column in the table for disabling peoples
accounts. The default --cond is fine.

> DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Table 'squid.user' doesn't exist at /lib/squid/basic_db_auth line 215, <> line 1.
> DBD::mysql::st execute failed: MySQL server has gone away at /lib/squid/basic_db_auth line 218, <> line 1.
> ERR database error

Because TABLE NAME.