[squid-users] Portal Splash Pages example on squid 3.3.13

amitinfo2k amit_info2k at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 9 17:07:27 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am a newbie to squid proxy world.
I have setup the squid proxy with default configuration on Fedora 19 box.
Now I wanted to configure the Spash pages. But, not able to find a single
working example for squid 3.3.13.
Can anyone provide me an example configuration for Spash pages in squid
3.3.2.

I have tried the following modified example but no luck no errors in the
logs :

# Set up the session helper in active mode. Mind the wrap - this is one
line:
external_acl_type session ipv4 concurrency=100 ttl=3 %SRC
/usr/lib64/squid/ext_session_acl -a -T 60 -b /var/lib/squid/session/

# Pass the LOGIN command to the session helper with this ACL
acl session_login external session LOGIN

# Set up the normal session helper. Mind the wrap - this is one line:
external_acl_type session_active_def ipv4 concurrency=100 ttl=3 %SRC
/usr/lib64/squid/ext_session_acl -a -T 60 -b /var/lib/squid/session/

# Normal session ACL as per simple example
acl session_is_active external session_active_def

# ACL to match URL
acl clicked_login_url url_regex -i http://example.net

# First check for the login URL. If present, login session
http_access allow clicked_login_url session_login

# If we get here, URL not present, so renew session or deny request.
http_access deny !session_is_active

# Deny page to display
deny_info http://example.net session_is_active

Thanks,