[squid-users] derive HTTP/HTTPS upload traffic to a secondary interface.

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Feb 6 09:12:40 UTC 2015

On 6/02/2015 8:59 p.m., Josep Borrell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a squid box with two interfaces. One ADSL 20/1Mb and one SHDSL 4/4Mb.
> It is a school and they are working with Google Apps for Education.
> They do a lot of uploading and when using the ADSL, it collapses promptly.
> Is possible to derive only HTTP/HTTPS upload traffic to the SHDSL and continue surfing with the ADSL ?

In a roundabout way.

If you look at the OSI model of networking Squid is layers 4-7, and
those interfaces are part of layer 1-2. There is a whole disconnect
layer 3 in between (the TCP/IP layer).

What you can do in Squid is set one of the tcp_outgoing_address,
tcp_outgoing_tos, tcp_outgoing_mark directives to label the TCP traffic
out of Squid. The systems routing rules need to take that detail from
TCP and decide which interface to use.

> Maybe using one acl with methods POST and UPLOAD and some routing magic ?

Somethign like this..

squid.conf:
 acl PUTPOST method PUT POST
 tcp_outgoing_address 192.0.2.1 PUTPOST

Where 192.0.2.1 is the IP address the system uses to send out SHDSDL.
You may need both an IPv4 and IPv6 outgoing address set using PUTPOST acl.