[squid-users] login expired

Ignazio Raia ignazio.raia at eutelia.com
Thu Feb 5 22:43:14 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,
I installed a Squid proxy server and it works perfectly.
I have two questions to ask about the authentication process.
1) I configured the basic_db_auth, but the browser keeps asking login and
password even though it is right. In this regard I run the script from the
shell that responds correctly. The file basic_db_auth is in / usr / lib /
squid3. I just changed the parameters related to my mysql db (db name, user,
table name, etc.).
Can anyone help me and tell me where am I wrong?

2) Due to the above problem I configured an access control via htpasswd
using basic_ncsa_auth.
In this case, after the required credentials and the correct insertion squid
gives me access to the internet.
Now the question is: can I have the credentials expire after a certain time?
I tried to set credentialttl = 300 seconds, but spent the time with no
activity I do not receive a new login request.
The parameter credentialttl is designed for this purpose?

I apologize if I made mistakes trivial, but I'm using Squid recently, so
thanks in advance to all those who will help me to understand.

Ignazio Raia