[squid-users] SQUID3 HTTPs forward proxy and sha256/512 authentication

Yuri Voinov yvoinov at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 21:35:20 UTC 2015

04.02.2015 3:30, Anton Radkevich пишет:
> Guys,
>
> I just need an HTTPS proxy that can handle both http and https
connections for authorised clients only. I tried to configure something
like it's described here
http://www.mail-archive.com/squid-users@squid-cache.org/msg93592.html
> Forward HTTPs proxy with digest_pw_auth for example.
>
> But I am getting the same error clientNegotiateSSL: Error negotiating
SSL connection on FD 6: error:1407609C:SSL
routines:SSL23_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:http request (1/-1) if I try to open a
website (http or https) with proxy enabled on browser settings: protocol
https, server proxy-squid.com <http://proxy-squid.com>, port 3129,
test:test (user/password)
Hmmmmm. This means you try to put HTTP requests over HTTPS port. You
need different Squid ports for HTTP and HTTPS. I'm afraid, you cannot
pass both protocols over one port.

> If I understood correctly from our communication its not possible to
configure squid like it described above. Or ther

<------> Squid Server (https_port 3129 with certificate)<--------HTTP or
HTTPS connection-------> Destination

> Description of the connection flow:
> 1. a client set proxy settings of his browser settings: https,
server:port, user:password
> 2. a clients credentials were verified by squid server,  browser asks
the proxy to establish a virtual tunnel between itself and remote server
> 3. when a client enter https://example.com or http://example.com then
browser sends encrypted data through the squid proxy

<mailto:eliezer at ngtech.co.il>>:

>     Hey Anton,
>
>     If you use https_port with ssl certificate it will be for one of
two options:
>     - interception of ssl traffic
>     - reverse proxy with ssl
>
>     For both cases the connection between the server and the client in
the end will be encrypted while non of them is in a forward proxy mode
and there for will not provide and cannot provide what you need\want.