[squid-users] SQUID3 HTTPs forward proxy and sha256/512 authentication

Anton Radkevich anton at radkevich.info
Tue Feb 3 19:03:17 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

Could you please help me with configuration Squid3 as forward HTTPs proxy?

Is it possible to configure it in such way?

What we do need is a fully encrypted HTTPS forward proxy that can handle
HTTP or HTTPS connection AND uses authentication.

so just to be clear the connection flow will look like:

browser <Encrypted Tunnel> Server <HTTP or HTTPS connection> Destination

where <Encrypted Tunnel> is probably some form of HTTPS connection for
support with the browser PAC

Also, for client auth, can we used more "modern" hashing algorithms like
sha256/512? md5 is old and collision prone at this point.

Thank you in advance!