[squid-users] Hypothetically comparing SATA\SAS to NAS\SAN for squid.

Omid Kosari omidkosari at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 3 14:56:43 UTC 2015

Squidbox1: Average HTTP requests per minute since start:	16000
Squidbox2: Average HTTP requests per minute since start:	11000

About 300Mbit of bandwidth (Only http bandwidth which routed to squid boxes)

Right now squid boxes have 4 250GB SSD and there is no more free sata slots
on them . I want to use SAN/NAS to extend their capacity .

No i don't have free NAS/SAN but somebody has a 2bay model of following
model and suggest me half price
http://www.seagate.com/files/www-content/support-content/external-products/blackarmor-nas/_shared/docs/business-nas-guides/Seagate_NAS_Admin_Guide_EN.pdf

and found a review. i am not sure it is for same model
http://www.storagereview.com/seagate_business_storage_windows_server_4bay_nas_review

Is it useful for my purpose ? Or please provide general specs that i should
be aware before buy .