[squid-users] Hypothetically comparing SATA\SAS to NAS\SAN for squid.

Marcus Kool marcus.kool at urlfilterdb.com
Tue Feb 3 13:29:57 UTC 2015

Hi Omid,

The I/O requirements can be estimated well if you tell more about the
environment.  If you know the number of requests/second that Squid prcoesses
you can add a percentage to increase performance and calculate the desired
I/Os per second (IOPS).
When you have the desired IOPS, you can calculate if 1 gbit is enough.

NFS has relatively much overhead, so I recommend a NAS with iSCSI or a SAN.

What kind of SAN/NAS did you have in mind ?

Do you already have a SAN or NAS ?

Marcus