[squid-users] Webpages won't load or load slowly

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Tue Feb 3 12:50:05 UTC 2015

Hey Rich,

I am yet unsure about the issue you are having and even if squid 3.3.8
is not the latest most of these sites should work fine for you throw squid.
I believe that this is the place where we can take a look at the squid
access.log output while surfing to understand the issue better.
If you are using IE\FF\Chrome you should have some profiling and network
tools which can help understand the issue from the client side before
running and looking for an issue in the middle.

In IE and FF you can use the F12 button to open the tools toolbox and
then go into network tab or icon.
You should then be able throw this tool see what happens with all the
requests from the client side.

If you have specific public urls you are trying to access I can try to
look at them and asses the basic available options.

If you can first try to enable the dns_v4_first option in your
squid.conf it would be my first try.
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/dns_v4_first/

Add "dns_v4_first on" to squid.conf.

Eliezer