[squid-users] Assign fu,multiple IP Address to squid

Devaiah Mallangada Kalaiah devaiah at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 09:42:04 UTC 2015

-----Original Message-----
From: "Amos Jeffries" <squid3 at treenet.co.nz>
Sent: ‎12/‎31/‎2015 2:42 PM
To: "squid-users at lists.squid-cache.org" <squid-users at lists.squid-cache.org>
Subject: Re: [squid-users] Assign multiple IP Address to squid

On 2015-12-31 21:55, Reet Vyas wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Thanks for reply.  I have this squid setup and I am using squid as my
> router and my requirement is like  I have one local webserver and I
> want to access it from home and I want to  nat external ip to internal
> ip so that I can access my local machine from outside network.  My ISP
> gave 10 external ip and one i am using with squid and rest 9 are
> unused so I tried to create alias on external inferface and gave one
> public ip to it and nat that external ip to localip , but I cant
> access machine( with webserver) using external ip, its shows access
> denied

You need Squid setup with this virtual hosting configuration:
<http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Reverse/VirtualHosting>

Notice how this has nothing to do with IP addresses. Whether you have 1
or 10 pointing at the Squid does not matter. You can even have the
router point *only* port 80 (and/or 443) to Squid and the rest of the
ports elsewhere.