[squid-users] squid3 / debian stable / please update to 3.4.14

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Dec 30 15:39:02 UTC 2015

Hai,

You can very easy upgrade to 3.5.12 on Jessie.
Add sid to your sources.list, or better in :
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/debian-sid.list

Only the deb-src line is needed.

Now apt-get update

# install dependecies.
apt-get build-dep squid

# get and build source.
apt-get source squid -b

if you missing something, get that package first, build it, install it and do above again.

!! thing to know when using the higher versions this way.

/etc/squid3
Changed to
/etc/squid

all squid3 changed to squid in debian testing/sid

and one thing. Backup first !

Greetz,

Louis