[squid-users] FW: [Samba] Squid with NTLM auth behind netscaler

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Dec 29 14:42:07 UTC 2015

Hai,

> i read "Do not use this method if you run winbindd or other samba
> services as samba will reset the machine password every x days and
> thereby makes the keytab invalid

Seems wrong to me.

If you use samba 4. ( dont know if its the same for samba 3 )

Make sure you have this in smb.conf

   kerberos method = secrets and keytab

   winbind refresh tickets = yes
   winbind offline logon = yes

refresh tickets refreshed the machine pass in the keytab.
Offline logon is handy if you dc is down.

Steps to follow

Install samba and join the domain.
Check the SPNs of the hostname, if you missing things, add them.
Remove /etc/krb5.keytab
Recreate it again ( now it has al the needed SPN's ) with :
net ads keytab create -U administrator

restart samba.

Now go configure squid.

Greetz,