[squid-users] Host header forgery affects pure splice environment too?

Jason Haar Jason_Haar at trimble.com
Sun Dec 27 22:13:25 UTC 2015

Hi there

I use TOR a bit for testing our WAFs and found that it no longer worked
on my test network that has squid configured in TLS intercept mode. I
currently have squid configured to "splice only" (with peek to get the
SNI name) - ie no bumping - purely so that the squid access_log file
contains better records on HTTPS hostnames

2015/12/28 09:22:04.189 kid1| SECURITY ALERT: Host header forgery
detected on local=194.109.206.212:443 remote=192.168.0.21:40427 FD 30
flags=33 (local IP does not match any domain IP)