[squid-users] squid authentication mechs

Eugene M. Zheganin emz at norma.perm.ru
Wed Dec 16 16:35:02 UTC 2015

Hi.

Is there a way to limit the number of available authentication
mechanisms (for a client browser) basing on certain squid IP which this
browser connects to, like, using http_port configuration directive ? For
example this is needed when one need to allow the non-domain machines to
pass through authentication/authorization checks using squid with
full-fledged AD integraion (or Kerberos/NTLM, anyway), otherwise they
are unable to do it. Once they were, for example using Chrome < 41, but
since >41 Chrome has removed all the options to exclude certain
authentication methods from it's CLI sequence (I still wander what a
genious proposed this).

If not(and I believe there isn't) could this message be treated as a
feature request ?

Thanks.
Eugene.